We have extensive experience of working with a range of difficulties.
- Adverse childhood experiences (ACE), developmental trauma, including inter-generation transmission and post-traumatic stress
- Anxiety, worry and sadness
- Attachment and problems involving active and passive insecurity
- Behaviour and Conduct Disorders (CD), aggressive, oppositional and defiant behaviour (ODD)
- Continence difficulties
- Depression and suicidal feelings
- Developmental difficulties and disorders
- Eating disorders, difficulties involving disordered eating and infant feeding difficulties
- Impact of abuse and neglect
- Learning difficulties and disabilities
- Parental mental health difficulties
- Self-harm and self-destructive behaviour
- School attendance problems, separation anxiety and bullying
- Sleeping problems
Our work within NHS Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) has frequently involved managing complex, multifaceted difficulty, often involving extended professional networks
We have specialist interests in fostering and adoption, working with looked after children and problems involving a degree of complexity that may not be widely accepted for psychotherapeutic work.
For more information on our child, adolescent and family psychotherapy services in Birmingham and the West Midlands region please contact us.